This course is designed to provide the skills, knowledge and techniques required for those contemplating major
building refurbishment projects. This will enable you to provide finishing surfaces to a very high standard ready for decoration saving on money.
This course is mainly practical and is physically demanding.
- Selection and use of tools and materials
- Internal undercoat plastering
- Exterior finishes (render, pebble dash etc)
- Skim coat plastering
- Patch and repairs
- Cut and screw fix plasterboards to ceiling and walls
- Joint and angle treatment
- Finish coat plaster to plasterboards
- Direct bond boarding (dot and dab)
- Taping and jointing system
- Install coving
- Overview of dry lining systems (partitions etc)
- All relevant Health and Safety.
Internal certificate of attendance.
Right Management reserves the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, contents and venues as listed on this website. Every effort will be made to give the Service leaver as much notice as possible and a reasonable course alternative or alternatives may be suggested, if possible. If this is not possible or the alternative(s) is/are not acceptable to the Service leaver, Right Management, who deliver all non-contract courses listed, may refund in full the total amount paid to date for non-contract funded courses, or, in the case of MOD Contract Funded courses, in agreement with the MOD, the Service leavers IRTC grant will not be notionally reduced.