This course will enable the Service leaver to gain the competences and underpinning knowledge required for Domestic Electrical Installation incorporating Part P (DEI) and the Health & Safety ECS test. The EAL DEI level 2 qualification is recognised by professional bodies i.e. JIB, NICEIC and authorised government Part P competence Scheme providers. All work is undertaken to IEE regulations.
Service leavers that join the course will benefit by accessing City & Guilds SmartScreen 2330 Electro – Technical qualification as this covers the first 4 units, Health & Safety & the Electricity at Work Act. For access please see JIs.
Books can be purchased at the RTC on the first morning, the prices currently (subject to change) are as follows:
IEE On Site Guide Green Copy
(ISBN: 9781849192873) £18.00
IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations (Bound Green)
(ISBN: 9781849192699) £60.00
IEE Electricians Guide
(ISBN: 9780863418624) £16.00
The course consists of 9 mandatory units supplemented by electrical certification:
- Applicable Building Regulations for DEI
- Basic Understanding of 3 Phase
- Central heating controls
- Consumer units and types of circuit protection including residual current circuit breakers (RCDs)
- DEI Pre Work Survey/Inspection
- Domestic Electrical Circuit Installation
- Domestic Electrical Earthing and Bonding Requirements
- Electrical Safety Legislation, Regulation Standards and Terminology
- External lighting
- Health & Safety ECS
- Individual sub-circuits for cooking and heating appliances
- Inspection & testing and Commissioning Single Phase Domestic Electrical Circuits
- Installation Domestic Lighting circuits. One-way, two-way and intermediate control of lighting, including fluorescent lighting
- Installation of plastic conduit and trunking
- Security lighting
- Special Locations and Installations including Kitchens
- Termination of armoured cable
- Termination of mineral insulated cable.
- ECS Health & Safety - JIB
- EAL DEI incorporating Part P
Service leavers should search the Electrical Contractors Association (ECA) website www.eca.co.uk
for ECA members and their contact details.
Right Management reserves the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, contents and venues as listed on this website. Every effort will be made to give the Service leaver as much notice as possible and a reasonable course alternative or alternatives may be suggested, if possible. If this is not possible or the alternative(s) is/are not acceptable to the Service leaver, Right Management, who deliver all non-contract courses listed, may refund in full the total amount paid to date for non-contract funded courses, or, in the case of MOD Contract Funded courses, in agreement with the MOD, the Service leavers IRTC grant will not be notionally reduced.