The cornerstone of the Persimmon Group is the Persimmon Homes business, which remains our core brand offering a wide range of property types. Together with our exclusive Charles Church brand it trades through a network of 29 regional operating businesses giving us nationwide coverage.
- We have over 400 developments at any one time giving the widest choice of desirable locations and homes to suit all lifestyles.
- Building quality homes which provide the very best in design, construction and service.
- A wide range of property types includes three, four and five bed detached properties; two and three bed terraced and semi detached houses, starter homes and apartments.
- All properties are built with the environment in mind and we ensure they are constructed with particular regard to the local surroundings.
- Each home we build is constructed with care by a dedicated team, be that the technicians behind the scenes in the office, the skilled craftsmen on site, or our professional salespeople – all of whom work together to deliver the highest standards of design, construction and service.
- We are proud to develop communities and we will often build new roads or by-passes, shops or community centres to contribute to the appeal of our developments.
The Combat to Construction Traineeship is a Persimmon Homes programme which has enabled over 115 service leavers to gain a full CITB apprenticeship and build a second career within the house building industry in either Bricklaying or Joinery. We have committed to pay them an industry leading wage during their training using an award winning training provider to deliver a bespoke fast track course which leads to a recognised qualification and above all, a fulfilling and rewarding career with the company.
Through Combat to Construction, we support service leavers to make the transition from the military into house building and we continue to seek service leavers for the programme, in 2018 there will be specific opportunities in bricklaying and some joinery spaces.
Other opportunities such as health & safety and site management positions will be advertised when vacancies arise.
The skills and experience of many service leavers are highly comparable with those required to work within construction. The Combat to Construction Traineeship builds on those skills to help them start a rewarding new career with us.
Just as in the Armed Forces, Trainees will be working as part of a highly professional team in which every member depends upon their colleagues to get the job done.
Their military training will have given them the flexibility, discipline and loyalty to be adaptable and prepared to travel at short notice, allowing them to make a vital contribution wherever the action is.