Why take this course?
This course provides you with the opportunity to develop the necessary skills in photography, to enable you to gain the confidence to become a successful professional Photographer including Portrait and/or Wedding photographer.
At the end of the course students are able to attend a work attachment to gain additional experience in the day to day running of a commercial studio, helping with shoots, editing, printing and dealing with customers. Work attachments are arranged personally with the provider, (not via CTP) and are subject to availability.
Is this the right course for me?This course is aimed at the keen amateur to the improving professional. No formal entry qualifications are required to attend this course, only an interest for photography, willingness to learn and lots of enthusiasm.
OCN NI Level 3 Award in Photography
EligibilityIn order to create portfolios and assignments it is advisable that all attendees are numerate and literate to at least level 2, a basic understanding of IT is also useful.
The first 5 days of our 10 day Advanced Wedding and Portrait Photography course is a combination of our 3 day Portrait photography course and 2 day Wedding photography course. The first 3 days starts with understanding exposures (ISO, Aperture and Time) and metering the light, using Photoshop and studio equipment (including home/mobile studios) and how to set-up the studio lights for different looks including ratio lighting, high key and low key. This will be supported with numerous practical portrait photography sessions in the studio using a variety of models, including males, females and children/babies.
The last 2 days of the first week covers the whole aspect of wedding photography, from obtaining bookings through to producing the final album. In addition to the theory there will also be shoots with Bride and Groom models on location at a local beauty spot, at home and in a church. We will also cover technical difficulties you may encounter while photographing the intimate portraits of the bride and groom as well as how to set-up and pose the group photographs.
On the second week you will cover more advanced skills, along with numerous shoots with models both in the studio and out on location. This will involve using a wide range of studio lighting and attachments to create various lighting set-ups/techniques in the studio for shoots including, Bump and New-borns, flash and blur and low- key romantic. For the shoots out on location you will be using off camera flash with a remote trigger system and various attachments on the camera flash for urban style and life style portraits.
The main objectives of the course are:
- Planning and project managing
- Studio equipment and lighting techniques
- Camera and exposure settings
- Using ambient and flash lighting
- Photoshop techniques
- Organising and posing techniques
- Safe working practices
- Quality and customer care
- Ethics and values
- Advanced lighting techniques
- Location off camera flash techniques
- To Gain a City & Guilds Accredited Programme Advanced Workshop Diploma in Portrait and Wedding Photography
- To Gain Level 3 Award in Photography Ofqual 600/9343/2
- To give you the experience and confidence to become a successful professional Portrait and Wedding photographer
- To gain experience in directing and undertaking wedding and portrait shoots
- To learn advanced techniques in the studio & on location lighting
- For you to create a strong commercial portfolio to use for advertising and to show to potential clients
There are many associated career opportunities linked to those who hold this qualification and a search on any of the mainstream recruitment websites will show a vast array of linked job titles. This is also an excellent course for anyone seeking self-employment.
OCN NI Level 3 Award in Photography
Scheduled dates and locations
- Date Location Availability
1 Apr 2019
29 Apr 2019
Reserve spaces available
3 Jun 2019
1 Jul 2019
29 Jul 2019
2 Sep 2019