Why take this course?Gain the skills and knowledge to make informed decisions relating to your new business. This course will help you prepare and work towards a fully optimised online presence using a range of social media and online platforms. The training will also focus on financial planning, managing and analysing your business data as well as identifying risks and opportunities for growth.
There will also be a couple of follow up webinars to offer additional support and guidance should you require this.
Is this the right course for me?
This course is designed for Service leavers who have explored the self-employment option and are now ready to take the next steps in creating and developing their business.CTP offer a pathway of support and training for those considering self-employment and attendees would benefit from completing the one day Self Employment Awareness workshop (although this is not compulsory). Our Enterprise and Self Employment course will assist in creating a business plan and this 5 day course will cover the practical aspects of setting up the business, managing the financial aspects, creating an online presence and driving traffic to your website with the use of social media. The course also covers the art of selling, and planning for success, identifying risks and opportunities and analysing business data to ensure effective management of the business.
QualificationsIpso Facto In house Certificate and CTP Certificate of Attendance
EligibilityThere is no specific eligibility criteria for this course although we expect most attendees may have attended the Self Employment Awareness workshop and have already researched their business idea.
The course will be delivered by experienced trainers and current business owners with many years of experience working in the fields of finance, website development, website optimisation, social media, sales, marketing and data analysis.
*Important*Classroom based courses will be 3 days in the classroom followed by 2 days virtual classroom using Microsoft Teams to complete the training.
Course content is as follows:
- Financial Planning
Your approach to financial planning is a critical element of running a successful business and this element will provide answers to many important questions including funding options.
Setting up your business
- Pros and cons of different business types
- Making your choice
- Getting started & registering
- Funding options
- Setting a budget
- Cash flow & Ten must-know tips
- Costs and intelligent cost control
Benefits: Many new business owners have a great idea, lots of enthusiasm but a poor sense of financial planning. This module will aim to give you the tools to get a head start.
- The Art of Selling
Introduction: Ipso Facto provides professional sales courses to sales team leaders and their teams. This module has been modified from our professional schedule and will provide tried and tested sales techniques used by sales professionals. Assuming that you are new to sales and have no selling experience, this course will provide a platform of fundamental but important techniques. It will include practical exercises that will enable you to deliver a professional sales pitch.
• The psychology behind selling to improve your levels of success.
• Implement a tried and tested sales process which will maximise your sales opportunity.
• Ask questions which will lead to a reduced level of objections and an increased level of sales.
• Identify your customer’s needs.
• Match a solution and close the sale.
• Employ a very simple process to anticipate and deal with objections.
• Key persuasion & closing tactics.
Be effective, not pushy.
Benefits: This element of the course will provide you with an important selling skills framework that is critical for you to succeed in business. Training has been adapted from our professional sales course and comes with a proven track record of success.
- Planning for Success
Introduction: We’ll focus on a final flourish of important topics including the use of Microsoft Excel to manage and Analyse business data taken from an accounts package and/or Google.
- Identify risks and opportunities
- Use Excel and Office 365 toolset to track and monitor performance
- Support for you and your business
- Consolidation and the next step
Benefits: Managing and Analysing business data is a crucial part of decision making. It’s the final and another very important element that supports your venture into the business world.
- Your Website - Platform choice, Creating Content, Ecommerce options and Optimization (delivery by virtual classroom using Teams)
Introduction: This module is delivered by the owner of a website development company with 20+ years’ experience guiding and supporting existing businesses and start-ups. If you are planning to have an online presence, then this element of the course will answer important questions.
• Digital Marketing Strategy: The plan towards raising awareness
• Website choices and options. Choosing a website platform – DIY or Professional Build?
• Producing engaging content: Probably one of the most important topics on this list. Researching keywords, conducting competitor analysis with keywords, creating engaging content
• Effective Ecommerce: Planning to sell online?
• Search Engine Optimisation: No “Paid Ad Budget” to launch and promote your website. Where to start.
Benefits: Its all about having the most up to date, Google friendly online presence that’s going to work for you and your customers.
- Social Media Marketing including Google (delivery by virtual classroom using Teams)
Introduction: Delivered by a business professional with over 20 years’ experience in social media marketing. This module will focus on the current top marketing platforms.
• Google Business - marketing and analytics
• Email Marketing: Getting followers and software options
• Facebook for Business: The first steps into making use of Social Media and creating brand awareness
• Pinterest, Instagram and Photography: Making use of additional channels and an introduction into taking pictures for the web.
• Linkedin for Business: Get in touch with decision makers in other businesses
Benefits: Driving traffic to your website with the help of social media is important for your business to thrive and survive.
You will learn using a blend of instruction, discussion, case studies and activities to help embed knowledge and practice skills.You will be encouraged to participate in discussions and explore questions relating to your business idea. By the end of the course you will be well prepared to start your new career in business.
Attendees will benefit from bringing a laptop or device for the classroom element of the course. You can use any computer device which has access to the internet and access to Microsoft 365 apps including Excel or a Google account with Google Sheets than that would be ideal.
If you do not have a Microsoft account, you can download a free trial copy for 1 month: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/try
Post Course Support
Following the course you will be invited to a couple of follow on conference calls or webinars to discuss progress and you will be able to gain any further support or advice required during these sessions.
This course is aimed at those Service leavers planning to run their own business, and will focus on skills such as marketing and selling through online platforms.
Developing & Managing a Business with an Online Presence
Scheduled dates and locations
- Date Location Availability
20 Sep 2021
CTP Aldershot Training Centre
8 Nov 2021
17 Jan 2022
CTP - Online
14 Mar 2022
23 May 2022
CTP - Online
25 Jul 2022