Why take this course?
This course will greatly benefit Managers who would be involved in introducing and leading change within an organisation. The course would also be a useful addition to those considering a project or programme management role as this will often incorporate changes which affect staff.
The training is designed to help change management practitioners to define and practise change management successfully, offering practical tools, techniques and models to support any change within an organisation.
Is this the right course for me?
This is a business management course for supervisory positions, Managers, Senior Management and Project Management. Attendees should have some management experience and be seeking this type of role in the future.
This is an intensive 5 day course with evening study to consolidate learning for the two exams which take place during the 5 days.
APMG Change Management Foundation
APMG Change Management Practitioner
There are no prerequisites to attend this course, however any management or project management experience would be beneficial.
During this 5 day course you will learn about change within 4 main areas:
- Change and the Individual
- Change and the Organisation
- Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
- Change Management Practice.
You will learn how to:
- Assess the impact of the "change curve" on individuals
- Consider the motivations of individuals
- Consider the learning needs of those affected by change
- Use metaphors to assess types of organisations
- Describe and use change management models
- Identify and plan for roles in change management
- Assess the organisational culture
- Identify emergent change
- Identify and exploit drivers of change
- Consider the effect of a vision on change management
- Understand project management in overview
- Identify, map and segment stakeholders
- Manage relationships with stakeholders
- Use different communication channels
- Use facilitation techniques
- Assess the impact of change
- Build readiness for change
- Prepare for resistance
- Build team effectiveness
The course is assessed through a Foundation and Practitioner exam.
On the third day of the course there is the 1 hour multiple choice closed book Foundation exam. A score of 30 out of 60 (50%) is required to pass.
On the last day of the course there is a 3 hour objective, restricted open book, objectively tested exam. A pass mark of 40 (50% is required to gain the Change Management Practitioner qualification.
There are many permanent and contract roles for Change Management practitioners, however Change Management is a useful skill which will greatly benefit any application for general management or project management roles alongside qualifications such as Prince2, PMQ, Management of Risk, Lean Six Sigma etc.
Potential roles may include:
- Business Change Consultant / Analyst
- Implementation Manager
- Strategy Manager
- Project or Programme Manager
This training is also relevant for anyone considering a career within HR.