Cisco® Certifications are for those looking to work in IT communications and multi-service networks. The course delivers the skills to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN. The up-to-date curriculum includes mitigation of security threats, wireless networking concepts and terminology, and performance-based skills.
The course covers the following topics:
- Understanding both OSI and TCP/IP models
- Understanding Shared Ethernet, modern Switched networks and surrounding issues
- Explore the packet delivery process using network Analysers
- Use Common Network Applications
- Foundation Configuration of both Cisco Switches and Routers
- Managing the Cisco IOS file System.
IP Subnetting and Design
- Subnetting both on and off Octet subnet masks
- Configure both IP static and Dynamic Routing
- Small Network Implementation practical
- Create and implement VLSM network
- Configure IPv4 addressing.
Routing and Switching
- Scaling Switched networks utilising VTP, RSTP, VLAN's, and 802.1q
- Inter-VLAN routing utilising virtual router interfaces.
- Understanding WAN technologies and enable an Internet Connection
- Understand, Configure and troubleshoot OSPF in a single area
- Understand, Configure and troubleshoot EIGRP.
Security and Break-Fix How-To
- Using the IOS command-line
- Troubleshooting tools (ipconfig, ping, CDP, tracert, show and debug)
- Understanding and Exploring Wireless (WLAN) Configuration and Security
- Improving Network Security
- Configure and troubleshoot access lists
- Configure PPP
More information on the CCNA Certification can be found at www.cisco.com.
CCNA certification validates intermediate-level (NQF Level 3) technical competency of interconnecting Cisco network devices on a medium-sized communications network. The international certification from Cisco provides employers in the UK and abroad with a means to identify those qualified individuals who have the appropriate skill sets to do the job successfully.
For those that pass 640-802 module a CCNA will be attained. For those students NOT reaching the standard, relevant modules are awarded subject to passing a Cisco exam. The modules codes are as follows:
|| CCNA single exam
|| CCNA modules
| 640-802 CCNA
| 640-822 ICND1 (CCENT)
| 640-816 ICND2
ICND1 + ICND2 = CCNA
Relevant employment opportunities are in the areas of switching, routing, Voice-over-IP, and security in IT communications and networking.
Please note: As we are not an approved testing centre, the RTC cannot offer the exams whilst on a course but they can be taken at other approved sites around the country.
Right Management reserves the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, contents and venues as listed on this website. Every effort will be made to give the Service leaver as much notice as possible and a reasonable course alternative or alternatives may be suggested, if possible. If this is not possible or the alternative(s) is/are not acceptable to the Service leaver, Right Management, who deliver all non-contract courses listed, may refund in full the total amount paid to date for non-contract funded courses, or, in the case of MOD Contract Funded courses, in agreement with the MOD, the Service leavers IRTC grant will not be notionally reduced.