This course is designed to provide the skills, knowledge and techniques required to undertake or supervise small carpentry and joinery projects.
This is a mainly practical course.
- Practice and safe use of hand and power tools
- Use of power tools – drills – planers – saws
- Router demonstration
- Constructing wood joints using:
Mortise and tenon joints*
- Use of nails, screws and adhesives
- Construct and fix door frame (lining)
- Fit and hang a door
- Insert a mortise lock
- Make a mitre box – cut and fix moulding (architrave)
- Be aware of all stages of carpentry in-house construction
- All relevant Health and Safety
*These joints incorporated in the construction
of a small project that the student may keep.
Internal certificate of attendance.
Right Management reserves the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, contents and venues as listed on this website. Every effort will be made to give the Service leaver as much notice as possible and a reasonable course alternative or alternatives may be suggested, if possible. If this is not possible or the alternative(s) is/are not acceptable to the Service leaver, Right Management, who deliver all non-contract courses listed, may refund in full the total amount paid to date for non-contract funded courses, or, in the case of MOD Contract Funded courses, in agreement with the MOD, the Service leavers IRTC grant will not be notionally reduced.